Wednesday 12 August 2009

On hold

Hi all - it's been a long time since our last up date and we are in a bit of a strange position at the moment. The planners felt we had gone outside our planning permission and had therefore negated it. All quite horrific really! We had a meeting about 3 weeks ago where they seemed to realise that they had given permission for all that had happened, it just happened a bit more dramatically than we had hoped and we weren't able to save as much of the barn as we would have wished. However we have heard nothing since. So at the moment James and I are on tenterhooks waiting to find out whether we have lost it all or if they agree that everything which has happened was within our planning permission. Our hopes are relatively high as our case is a strong one, for example in the meeting they referred back to the original planning which was to convert the old brick lean to into a kitchen and said we should not have knocked that down, however in our application that was to come down and be replaced, it was interesting seeing the realisation cross their faces. So keep your fingers crossed for us... and I hope that people are still checking this occasionally. I can only apologise that I haven't updated this, all I can say is I didn't have the heart to, as I was feeling pretty down about it all.

So I promise I will work on this soon and put up photos and stories of our Spring and Summer, which has been both glorious and horrendous.

No comments:

Bracken! by Dana Kittle

Bracken! by Dana Kittle
Tree on one of our sloping meadows

The Barn by Dana Kittle

The Barn by Dana Kittle
This is our Welsh Barn which we have just bought. Our architect has confirmed that the old crucks we've found inside date it to being at least 300 years old.